Chicken breast (5-6ish)
Taco seasoning (1-2 packets)
Salsa (1-2 cups)
Cheese--mexican blend or co-jack are my favs (2 cups-ish--or more...I like them cheesy!)
Frozen corn-1 cup
Black beans-1-2 cans (depends how "beany" you want them!)
Sliced olives-1 can--this is optional...we just like olives!
Flour tortillas--30-40 (you want the 8 inch ones)
Aluminum foil and gallon freezer bags for packaging
I am estimating amounts...as this depends on how many you would like to make, and how "stuffed" you want each chimi!
Before day of cooking....
1. Toss chicken breasts (split chicken breasts will work...just take the skin off and toss in without deboning...you can debone when you shred later!) into a crock pot. Cover with taco seasoning and salsa. Let simmer all day on low heat. Remove from crock pot, shred, and package to take with you on cooking day.
Day of cooking....
1. Stir beans (drained and rinsed), cheese, corn and olives into meat mixture in a LARGE bowl.
2. Warm tortillas in micro briefly to soften.
3. Place 1/3-1/2 cup of mixture on each tortilla. Wrap it up (be sure to "tuck in" the ends).
4. Wrap each individual chimi in aluminum foil and place in freezer bag.
1. No need to thaw!
2. Unwrap and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
OR for a more authentic (albeit..less healthy!) taste...
2. Place 1/4-1/2 inch of oil in skillet and heat over medium heat. Place chimi in oil and cook for approx. 8 minutes per side or until just golden
OR for a quick meal...or hubby's lunchbox!
3. Microwave on medium power 2-3 minutes. (obviously you should remove the foil first!) :)