2 pie crusts (I make my own)--don't need until day you want to eat it!
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I love to use rotisserie chicken...gives it an extra kick!)
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
10 oz. frozen pea and carrot blend (or mixed veggies)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. thyme
Before day of cooking...
1. Cook and shred/dice chicken. I must admit, I almost always just buy a rotisserie chicken at Costco and dice it up...better flavor in my opinion! :)
Day of cooking....
1. Combine all ingredients (except crust, obviously) in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place mixture in ziploc freezer bag (double bag if you want). Label and freeze.
1. Make pie crust (enough for 2 crusts...top and bottom)...or buy crusts.
2. Place bottom crust in pie pan (I tend to use a square 8x8...its deeper and has more room for filling!). Saute the onion and celery in olive oil until soft. Combine all ingredients (including celery and onion), stir to mix well, and pour into pie shell. Cover with top crust, pinch edges together, and prick vents.
Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes, until deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!